Ingredients & Formulas That Work
Protocol For Life Balance® employs more than 70 professional and technical staff members whose sole purpose is to formulate the highest-quality products available. This experienced group is comprised of chemists, biochemists, microbiologists, chemical engineers, nutritionists, food technologists and more. They’re constantly reviewing the latest scientific literature and nutritional parameters to ensure that our products are effective for their intended use. We establish accurate structure/function claims that are based on the most current clinical science for natural ingredients and nutritional content, and our recommended serving sizes are based on clinical dose information from studies and other published data.
We use ingredients that have been tested for effectiveness in clinical trials and laboratory studies.
Our technical capabilities and experienced staff allow us to produce contemporary formulas that are specifically designed to meet the health and wellness needs of your patients.
One of the cornerstones of our product quality is third-party independent research. We investigate and review clinical studies and other laboratory studies conducted on the ingredients used in our products, as well as our finished products. We do this to ensure that the best science is used to produce optimal formulations, which leads to unsurpassed quality.
Our exhaustive quality control measures have led to the use of our finished products in clinical trials at top universities and research centers around the world. Researchers know they can trust Protocol products to be of the highest quality, and to meet label claims. Our products have been used in clinical trials conducted to determine such things as effectiveness for joint support, quality of life for cancer patients, cardiovascular support, athletic endurance, and more.
With Protocol For Life Balance® you get high-quality, effective natural products that provide the health and wellness benefits you and your patients require.
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) have been established in accordance with FDA cGMPs and the Natural Products Association as a way to ensure quality manufacturing practices among members who supply dietary supplements. Third party facility inspections and comprehensive quality audits are used to evaluate a company’s personnel, plant and grounds, sanitation, equipment, quality operations, production and process controls, warehouse, distribution, and post-distribution practices. This program offers the assurance that our standards are among the highest in the natural products industry.
Protocol For Life Balance® takes an active role in reassuring the public that dietary supplements are safe, and that the quality of our products is undisputed. Since 2000, we have maintained a consistent top “A” rating in this program, meeting all manufacturing standards as established by the Natural Products Association. By working closely with our vendors to ensure the purity, potency and safety of our raw materials and finished products, Protocol For Life Balance® continues to exceed current food manufacturing GMPs and has successfully met the new FDA dietary supplement GMPs.
Through our continued involvement with the Natural Products Association, the Natural Health Research Institute, the AOAC International, the American Oil Chemists Society, the American Botanical Council, the American Herbal Products Association and the Organic Trade Association, we continue to work pro-actively with other health organizations to raise safety standards on an industry-wide basis.
- We are audited by the FDA for cGMP compliance, certified GMP by the natural Products association and certified USDA Organic by Quality assurance International.
- Good manufacturing Practices (GMPs) protect the safety and quality of our products and ensure standardized product efficacy and consistency.
- We are subjected to rigorous inspections each year and we make improvements in our processes based on these inspections and our own internal audits – continuous improvement.
- Our facilities are open year-round for customers and consumers to visit and see for themselves how we operate.
- We test ingredients for identity, purity, potency, contamination and adulteration.
- We test to ensure that our products are manufactured to the strength we say on the label and that our products are safety ensured at the Best By date found on the product.
- We perform our safety testing with state-of-the-art analytical, physical, sensory and microbiological laboratories.